- Based in Llanfairfechan
North East,North West,West Midlands,Wales
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 0333 241 2626.
Training Course Details
- Course Length: 1 full day
- Delivery Method: Classroom-based/Venue
- Suitable for: Individual, Group
- Awarding Body: Key Training Academy Ltd
- Venue Option 1 - Location: Manchester Centre
- Venue Option 1 - Dates: 8/6/2016, 11/6/2016, 20/7/2016, 10/8/2016, 24/8/2016
- Venue Option 2 - Location: Preston Centre
- Venue Option 2 - Dates: 1/6/2016, 15/6/2016, 29/6/2016, 13/7/2016, 21/7/2016, 27/7/2016, 17/8/2016, 31/8/2016
- Venue Option 3 - Location: Colwyn Bay Centre
- Venue Option 3 - Dates: 14/6/2016, 12/7/2016, 16/8/2016,
- Venue Option 4 - Location: Oswestry Centre
- Venue Option 4 - Dates: 5/7/2016, 9/8/2016, 6/9/2016, 4/10/2016
Mandatory Training – One Day Update for just £48.50 (with no VAT!) per person!
Annual Mandatory Training is a key requirement for all nursing and care staff, whether working in NHS or independent settings and working directly for facilities or through an agency. Our high quality, 1-day, certificated Mandatory Training is in line with the Skills for Health UK Core Skills Framework, providing nursing and care staff with a transferable certificate and the knowledge and skills to undertake their work effectively.
Our Mandatory Training includes a full Certificate and Course Booklet, enabling Qualified Nurses to present this training as part of their 40 hours evidenced Continuous Professional Development. Delegates completing this training have Key Training Academy’s full permission to present their Certificate as part of their Revalidation Portfolio.
Fully Qualified and Experienced Tutors
Our team of trainers comprise a range of professional individuals including fully qualified teachers, nurse practitioners and moving and handling specialists. Key Training Academy deploy only appropriate personnel for the training delivered and are members of the Association of Healthcare Trainers (AoHT), the British Institute of Learning Disabilities (BILD) and are Dementia Friends. Trainers undertake regular refresher training appropriate to their skills and the courses taught and abide by best practice as determined by Key Training Academy Ltd.
Fully Equipped Training Facilities for Practical Learning
Our dedicated training facilities in Manchester, Preston, Colwyn Bay and Oswestry include hoists (manual and electronic) and resuscitation equipment for the practical elements of the training. Unlike some Mandatory Training providers, we do not believe that watching videos provides the same in-depth learning experience as practical participation and all learners will be offered the opportunity to demonstrate their practical skills as part of the training day.
Topics Covered through the Mandatory Training Day
Key Training Academy’s Mandatory Training Day is in line with the Skills for Health UK Core Skills Framework and also covers additional, complementary elements to enhance the working knowledge of nurses, carers and support workers:
- Role of the Worker
- Confidentiality, Data Protection Act & Caldicott Principles
- Agreed Ways of Working
- Care Plans
- Raising Concerns & Whistleblowing
- Equality and Diversity
- Mental Capacity Act & DoLS
- Mental Health Awareness
- Learning Disabilities Awareness
- Risk Assessment
- Worker Development
- Record Keeping
- Hydration and Nutrition
- Health and Safety
- Moving and Handling
- Fire Safety
- Food Safety
- Infection Control
- Safeguarding Adults and Children
- Recovery Position, CPR & Choking