- Based in Bristol
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 01454 868963.
Training Course Details
- Course Length: One day
- Delivery Method: Classroom-based/Venue
- Suitable for: Individual
Many older people experience feelings of loneliness, boredom and isolation. It is vital to improve their quality of life through personal connection and meaningful activity.
This Activites and Reminiscence Workshop is a one day course covers:
- The principles of activity, reminiscence therapy and cognitive stimulation theory
- Identifying and overcoming the obstacles for successful activity sessions
- How to connect with and motivate participants
- How to prepare activity sessions
- A wealth of useful ideas for activity sessions
- Where to get activity materials and resources from
- The internet and its benefits
- Using reminiscence materials to facilitate therapeutic discussions
The course is exploratory and will cover any particular areas of concern people have and participants will get the chance to discuss experiences and ideas.
This course is aimed at all adult care workers supporting people in South Gloucestershire in services for people living with dementia, older people’s services, mental health services and learning disability services.
The workshop will be led by Alive! This is a charity with a wealth of experience of running interactive sessions which help stimulate care home residents on all levels – physically, mentally & emotionally.
Course provider details
- South Gloucestershire Council
- Member Since: 06/05/2014
Other courses from South Gloucestershire Council
- Manual Handling Induction
- Communication in Dementia Care
- Signalong Foundation Course
- Being Person-Centred
- Introduction To Contracts