- Based in London
North East,North West,Yorkshire and the Humber,East Midlands,West Midlands,East of England,London,South East,South West,Wales,Scotland,National
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 0844 870 4237.
Training Course Details
- Course Length: 6 hours
- Delivery Method: In-house/Workplace
- Suitable for: Group
Our Administration of Rescue Medication training course enhances the staff member’s knowledge of epilepsy and seizure management whilst also providing the knowledge, understanding and practical skill to be able to safely and competently administer rescue medication (Buccal Midazolam, Rectal Diazepam or Rectal Paraldehyde) in line with the individual’s seizure response care plan.
- What is epilepsy, including the causes and incidences
- Diagnosis and Management of epilepsy
- Seizure Types and Triggers
- Emergency care plan and when to call for help
- Seizure management
- The Administration of Buccal Midazolam/ Rectal Diazepam/ Rectal Paraldehyde
This course lasts approximately 6 hours.
About the tutor:
Our Administration of Rescue Medication training courses are delivered by subject matter experts within the field, this include Registered Nurses and Paramedics. Our tutors are not only experienced within their clinical specialism but also adult education and teaching principles, meaning that their sessions are enjoyable, fun and informative.
About the attending delegates:
Our Administration of Rescue Medication training course is suitable for a wide range of individuals including:
- Childminders, Nursery Workers, Teachers
- Health Care Support Workers
- Registered Nurses and Allied Health Care Professionals
About the assessment and course achievement:
Our Administration of Rescue Medication training course is able to provide evidence of achievement and competence. All attending delegates will have to successfully complete a knowledge and practical assessment before being awarded our certification valid for 2 years.