- Based in London
North East,North West,Yorkshire and the Humber,East Midlands,West Midlands,East of England,London,South East,South West,Wales,Scotland,National
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 0844 870 4237.
Training Course Details
- Course Length: 3 hours
- Delivery Method: In-house/Workplace
- Suitable for: Group
- Awarding Body: Optional OFQUAL accreditation
About the course:
Our Allergy and Anaphylaxis training course has been designed to provide the knowledge, understanding and skill to recognise and respond to allergic reactions and anaphylaxis within a variety of settings.
Those completing the course be able to:
- Explain the differences between allergic reactions and anaphylaxis
- Define anaphylaxis
- List the common triggers for anaphylaxis
- Recognise the signs and symptoms of anaphylaxis
- Demonstrate how to treat and manage a person experiencing anaphylaxis in accordance to current guidelines
- Practice the administration of an auto-injector including the Epipen, Jext and Emerade devices
About the tutor:
Our Allergy and Anaphylaxis training courses are delivered by subject matter experts within the field, this include Registered Nurses or Paramedic Tutors. Our tutors are not only experienced within their clinical specialism but also adult education and teaching principles, meaning that their sessions are enjoyable, fun and informative.
About the attending delegates:
Our Allergy and Anaphylaxis training course is suitable for a wide range of individuals including:
- First Aiders
- School / Nursery Staff
- Health and Social Care Workers
- Registered Nurses and Allied Health Care Professionals
About the assessment and course achievement:
Our Allergy and Anaphylaxis training course is able to provide evidence of achievement and competence. All attending delegates will have to successful complete a knowledge and practical assessment before being awarded our certification valid for 2 years. Optional accreditation is available whereby delegates can be awarded with a qualification entitled the Level 3 Award in the Immediate Management of Anaphylaxis.