- Based in Bristol
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 01454 868963.
Training Course Details
- Course Length: Two days (9.00-17.00)
- Delivery Method: Classroom-based/Venue
- Suitable for: Individual
Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST) is a two-day, intensive suicide intervention skills-training workshop aimed at those who want to feel more comfortable, confident and competent in helping to prevent the immediate risk of suicide. ASIST provides practical training and is suitable for anyone in a caring role or working with vulnerable people, from teenagers upwards.
This training is aimed at: Statutory and voluntary sector workers in health and social care, Counsellors and therapists, Care workers & Community agencies, Emergency service workers, Drug & alcohol workers, Housing/homelessness support workers, Volunteers and carers.
The ASIST workshops puts emphasis on suicide first aid and on helping a person at risk stay safe and seek further help.
This workshop will enable you to:
- Apply a suicide intervention model.
- Recognise invitations for help.
- Reach out and offer support.
- Review the risk of suicide with the person.
- Link the person at risk with community resources.
ASIST is recommended in a Department of Health document, “Best Practice in Managing Risk”, 2007.
Course provider details
- South Gloucestershire Council
- Member Since: 06/05/2014
Other courses from South Gloucestershire Council
- Housing Related Support: An Overview
- Health, Safety and Personal Care
- Epilepsy Refresher
- Mental Health First Aid
- Stroke Awareness