- Based in Hereford
West Midlands,South West,Wales
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 01432 383678.
Training Course Details
- Delivery Method: Classroom-based/Venue
- Suitable for: Individual, Group
- Venue Option 1 - Location: Churchill House, Hereford HR1 1DE
- Venue Option 1 - Dates: 10 October 2016
The course draws upon contemporary research and clinical practice to provide a detailed understanding of the diverse features of autism spectrum conditions, and pinpoints the characteristics of autism friendly environments and support.
Who is it for?
Anyone working with adults with an autism spectrum condition (including Aspergers Syndrome) in residential or family placement settings, day centres, or activity support in the community; also very suitable for people working as personal assistants to people with an autism spectrum condition.
On completion of this course you will be able to:
- Recognise the diverse features of autism spectrum conditions
- Describe how the world is experienced by people on the autism spectrum
- Recognise the characteristics of autism friendly environments
- Understand why people ‘on the spectrum’ act in the way they do
- Understand from an autist’s point of view how they experience the world
- Use this understanding to support people on the spectrum more effectively