- Based in Taunton, Somerset
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 01823 462804.
Training Course Details
- Delivery Method: In-house/Workplace
- Suitable for: Individual
- Awarding Body: City and Guilds
Currently 700,000 people in the UK have dementia and this figure is expected to double over the next few decades. The Level 2 Award in Awareness of Dementia in Dementia Care will help to improve health and care services supporting individuals diagnosed with dementia.
The Awareness of Dementia Level 2 Award qualification is aimed at occupational areas across all service user groups and ages, working in statutory (including NHS), private and voluntary agencies. This also includes healthcare/care assistants; support/key workers, family support workers, care workers and team leaders.
The Level 2 will suit you if you have little or no knowledge of dementia and/or dementia care, you will need to complete four mandatory units for the awards which are knowledge only based and can be covered by assignments. Each unit carries a credit value of 2, and these are as follows:
- Dementia awareness
- The person-centred approach to the care and support of individuals with dementia
- Understand the factors that can influence communication and interaction with individuals who have dementia
- Understand equality, diversity and inclusion in dementia care
Course provider details
- Step Ahead Training
- Member Since: 06/11/2014
Other courses from Step Ahead Training
- QCF Diploma in Health and Social Care Level 2
- Mental Health, Demntia and Learning Disabilities Awareness
- Level 2 Award in End of Life Care
- Level 2 Certificate Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care
- Level 3 Award in End of Life Care.