- Based in Taunton, Somerset
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 01823 462804.
Training Course Details
- Delivery Method: In-house/Workplace
- Suitable for: Individual
- Awarding Body: City and Guilds
The Awareness of Dementia Level 3 Award will help to improve health and care services supporting individuals diagnosed with Dementia.
The qualifications in awareness of Dementia and Dementia care are aimed at occupational areas across all service user groups and ages, working in statutory (including NHS), private and voluntary agencies. This also includes healthcare/care assistants, support/key workers, family support workers and team leaders/first line supervisors.
Level 3 is ideal if you have basic knowledge of dementia and/or dementia care and want to progress further and increase your knowledge and skills. There are four mandatory units for this award, each one can be achieved by an assignment, and these are;
- Understand the process and experience of dementia (credit value 3)
- Understand the administration of medication to individuals with dementia using a person centred approach (credit value 2)
- Understand the role of communication and interactions with individuals who have dementia (credit value 3)
- Understand the diversity of individuals with dementia and the importance of inclusion (credit value 3)
Course provider details
- Step Ahead Training
- Member Since: 06/11/2014
Other courses from Step Ahead Training
- Food Hygiene for Care Staff
- Level 2 Award in End of Life Care
- QCF Diploma in Health and Social Care Level 2
- Level 3 Award in End of Life Care.
- Mental Health, Demntia and Learning Disabilities Awareness