- Based in Bristol
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 01454 868963.
Training Course Details
- Course Length: Half day (9.00-13.00) am (13.30-17.30) pm
- Delivery Method: Classroom-based/Venue
- Suitable for: Individual
This Basic Clinical Skills Training is a half day workshop is aimed at adult social care staff in South Gloucestershire, working in domiciliary, residential and day care services (statutory sector AND IVP sector agencies) and will cover the following aspects of clinical care:
- Infection control – an overview of hospital-acquired infections, effective handwashing and appropriate use of gloves and aprons.
- Urinary Catheter Care and Stoma Care – personal hygiene (including supra-pubic), changing of bags and recognising problems and alerting appropriate professionals.
- Pressure Area Care – prevention, early recognition and risk factors
- Compression stockings – putting on appropriately, personal hygiene and recognising problems and alerting appropriate professionals
- Continence – an overview of what is incontinence, & its causes and personal hygiene.
The course includes trainer presentation, discussion, and a short multiple-choice assessment at the end to check the information has been retained by participants. Relevant hand-outs/paperwork will be provided by the facilitator Claire Boyd, North Bristol Trust.
Please note this training is held at either Frenchay or Southmead Hospital.
Course provider details
- South Gloucestershire Council
- Member Since: 06/05/2014
Other courses from South Gloucestershire Council
- Signalong Foundation Course
- Safeguarding Adults Alerter (Support Staff)
- Administration of Medication (half day)
- Mental Health Awareness
- Introduction To Contracts