- Based in
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 01273 499109.
Training Course Details
- Course Length: 1 hour
- Delivery Method: Online/Distance Learning
- Suitable for: Individual
This Basic Life Support e-Learning course could help you to save a life may well be the most valuable skill you will ever learn. In this certification course, you will learn how to perform CPR on infants, children and adults. You will also learn how to use an Automated External Defibrillator (AED) and learn how to respond to people who are choking. This course is based on the latest Resuscitation Council (UK) guidelines and contains guidance and videos kindly provided by St John Ambulance.
This Basic Life Support e-learning course is aimed at any professional who provides care to patients or individuals needing support. This includes all professionals working in health, education and social care.
This course is also suitable for parents, carers, family members, people working in the sports and leisure industry, police officers, fire fighters, traffic wardens, taxi drivers, lifeguards – in fact, anyone who may find themselves in a position to help save a life.
In this Basic Life Support e-learning course you will learn:
- The difference between a heart attack and a cardiac arrest
- What you should do if someone suffers a cardiac arrest
- How to open their airway
- When and how to put a person into the recovery position
- How to perform chest compressions
- How to give rescue breaths
- How to use an Automatic External Defibrillator (AED)
- How to recognise when a person is choking
- What to do if someone is choking
Here are some of the topics covered in this course:
- When to use CPR
- The difference between CPR performed on an adult and a child
- Opening an airway
- The recovery position
- Using an Automatic External Defibrillator
- Recognising choking
- Dealing with choking.
Course provider details
- Me Learning
- Member Since: 10/09/2015
Other courses from Me Learning
- Domestic Abuse e-learning
- Mental Capacity Act 2005 e-learning
- Equality and Diversity e-learning
- E-Safety Risks to Children e-learning
- Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DoLS) e-learning