- Based in Newcastle under Lyme
North East,North West,Yorkshire and the Humber,East Midlands,West Midlands,East of England,London,South East,South West,Wales,Scotland,National
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 01782 563333.
Training Course Details
- Delivery Method: In-house/Workplace
- Suitable for: Group
This basic observation training course aims to teach staff to increase their knowledge in healthcare through teaching them how to take observations and accurately report and document the findings.
Basic Observation Training Course will cover:
- Vital signs – pulse, blood pressure (manual and with a machine), respiration rate, oxygen saturation
- Vital sign – language associated with
- Neurological observations
- Aseptic technique
- Hand washing technique
- Urinalysis and how to obtain samples – catheter, continent and incontinent person
- Axillary, oral, tympanic temperature
- Blood sugar monitoring
- Infection control, record keeping, consent and confidentiality
Once the course has been completed, delegates will be able to take any of the observations listed above confidently and show an improved awareness and knowledge of each aspect.