- Based in Northamptonshire
North East,North West,Yorkshire and the Humber,East Midlands,West Midlands,East of England,London,South East,South West,Wales,Scotland,National
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 0800 012 6085.
Training Course Details
- Course Length: Full Day
- Delivery Method: In-house/Workplace
- Suitable for: Individual, Group
What’s covered during the day?
People with dementia may sometimes behave in a challenging way which can be very distressing for the person and for their carer, family and friends. This session will explore the reasons theoretically as to why a person might be behaving in this way, enabling you as the primary care giver to feel more confident with enhanced skills to deal with these situations, explore why they may be occurring and how to minimise this. Possibly even prevent distressing situations! It gives practical tips and advice based on evidence based research that carers can use to help prevent and manage challenging situations. Meaningful Activities to be discussed and explored and explanation as to why these are important in the role of preventing and minimising distressing situations. It also looks at the types of support that may be available and an opportunity to share your own personal experiences in a safe and supportive environment during the group work. Interaction will be necessary guaranteeing a pleasurable learning experience.
- Understanding what Challenging Behaviour is and our own interpretation…is it challenging for us or them?
- Understanding why it happens and how to minimise these incidences
- Identify triggers and act accordingly
- To be able to adapt strategies that help prevent challenging behaviour in the first instance or minimise an actual event
- To care for self and be aware of the impact of these daily demands
Delegates will be assessed continuously throughout the session by the Tutor in order to be issued with a Certificate of Attendance.
Course provider details
- Ashfield Consultancy Ltd
- Member Since: 16/05/2016
Other courses from Ashfield Consultancy Ltd
- Care Planning & Record Keeping
- Verification of Expected Death
- Dementia – An Understanding
- Diabetes – Blood Glucose Monitoring
- End of Life – People with Dementia