- Based in Bristol
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 01454 868963.
Training Course Details
- Course Length: One day (9.30-16.30)
- Delivery Method: Classroom-based/Venue
- Suitable for: Individual
This Being Person-Centred is a course to help staff to understand the concept of person centredness and its implications for good practice.
To help staff to develop skills in working in a person centred way, in a range of settings.
The course is linked to the adult care Common Induction Standards specifically Standard 7 “person-centred support”.
By the end of the day participants will have:
- Developed an understanding of the origins of person centred approaches
- Become familiar with policies which support this
- Explored a set of principles which support person centred approaches
- Become familiar with a range of person centred planning techniques and tools including person-centred risk assessment
- Shared examples of positive person centred practice from their own work settings
- Discussed and planned how they will use the above in their practice.
All adult care workers supporting people in South Gloucestershire in learning disability services, services for people living with dementia, older people’s services, mental health services.
Course provider details
- South Gloucestershire Council
- Member Since: 06/05/2014
Other courses from South Gloucestershire Council
- Mental Capacity Act Essentials Training (Care Workers)
- Promoting Health and Wellbeing in Services for Older People
- Using iPads with Older People
- Manual Handling Risk Assessment
- Dementia Awareness