- Based in
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 01634540669.
Training Course Details
- Course Length: One day to 3 months
- Delivery Method: Online/Distance Learning, Classroom-based/Venue
- Suitable for: Individual, Group
- Venue Option 1 - Location: Care Training Academy,Suite 15, Hopewell Business Centre, Hopewell Drive, Chatham, Kent, ME5 7DX. United Kingdom.
- Venue Option 1 - Dates: 1st Saturday of every month
- Venue Option 2 - Location: Online at http://www.caretrainingacademy.co.uk
- Venue Option 2 - Dates: Anytime - £299 per learner
BTEC Level 3 Award in Education and Training, QCF (formerly PTLLS) – 12 Credits
Classroom and distance learning.
- Become a qualified trainer within weeks.
- Course accredited and certificated by a national awarding body and recognise throughout the UK.
- Flexible/blending learning and work place observation
- Unlimited support and guidance by your allocated personal tutor/assessor
- Instalment Payment Plans or direct Debit options
- Start your course with only with £99
This course replaces the old Level 3 and Level 4 PTLLS award in 2014. It is the first step towards a professional qualification in post-16 teaching. Whether you are new to the teaching profession or an experienced facilitator wishing to get a formal qualification this course aims to develop your skills and knowledge. On completion of the course you will receive the Award in Education and Training at level three which makes you a qualified trainer
What does the course entail?
The course covers the role of the teacher in facilitating learning and their legal responsibilities within a classroom setting. You will learn how to plan effective learning activities taking into consideration different learning styles, methods of delivery and assessment. The course will cover communication within the classroom and techniques to include and motivate the students you have.
The course entails three written assignments. The course will cover Session Plans, Schemes of Work, Functional Skills, Inclusive Teaching Techniques, Motivating Learners, Learning Resources, Constructive Feedback, Evaluating Learning and Giving Feedback, Delivery of a 15 minute micro-teach session, Evaluating Other’s Delivery, Methods of Assessment
What will this qualification allow me to do?
You can move from this qualification to take the level 4 Certificate in Education and Training (formerly known as CTLLS) or the Diploma at Level 5 (formerly known as DTLLS).
What is the difference between this and the old PTLLS course?
The syllabus is exactly the same although there are three units instead of the four that were available on the old PTLLS course. The current Award is only available at level three. For a level four qualification you will need to sign up for the certificate which now requires a longer period of study.
Delivery mode: One day classroom plus distance Learning
Course Duration: 3 months or less
How the delivery works
As soon as you sign up for the course, you will be asked to attend a one day intensive teaching and training session. You will also carry out your micro teach during the day. You will then be given your reading pack which will contain necessary reading materials as well as your portfolio assignment for the module. assignment and allocated a personal tutor/assessor whom you can be interacting with on a one-to-one basis. It is possible to be meeting your tutor live-online using skype or video conferencing facilities or face to face. Your personal tutor will contact you within 48 hours to introduce self to you.
You are free to contact your personal tutor several times while studying your materials to ask questions or seek clarifications on the units. When you are done with your three assignments, you will forward it to your personal tutor who will assess it and make sure they are up to the standard of the awarding body. If they are not, you will be advised on what to do until your work is of required standard.
On completion of all the required assignment, you will then put all your work together for your final portfolio which will then be internally and externally moderated before obtaining your certificate of award.
Course provider details
- Care Training Academy
- Member Since: 06/01/2016
Other courses from Care Training Academy
- Learning Disabilities Awareness
- Communication in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
- Care Certificate Training
- First Aid At Work
- Dementia Awareness Course