- Based in
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 01634540669.
Training Course Details
- Course Length: flexible (online) or 3 days(classroom)
- Delivery Method: Online/Distance Learning, In-house/Workplace, Classroom-based/Venue
- Suitable for: Individual, Group
- Venue Option 1 - Location: Care Training Academy, ME5 7DX, Chatham, Kent
- Venue Option 1 - Dates: Last week of every month or check our webiste on http://www.caretrainingacademy.co.uk for our training calendar
- Venue Option 2 - Location: Online at http://www.caretrainingacademy.co.uk
- Venue Option 2 - Dates: Anytime - £20 per learner
- This course is adjudged a mandatory requirement for new care workers who are new to the care sector.
- The Care Certificate is recognised by the Care Quality Commission (CQC) as a minimum standard that people working in social care need to meet before they can safely work unsupervised.
- The Care Certificate is recommended by Skills for Care as a minimum standard for people working in social care.
- It offers introductory skills, knowledge and behaviours to provide compassionate, safe and high quality care and The Care Certificate can be used for credit transfer or Recognition of prior learning (RPL) to some knowledge criteria of the QCF (NVQ) Diploma in Health & Social Care.
- The Care Certificate was a product of the Cavendish Report into care and endorsed by Skills for Care, Health Education England and Skills for Health.
- All our Care Certificate trainers are fully qualified professionals
The Care Certificate is designed primarily for new care staff as the first set of mandatory training. It is also designed as a refresher course for existing staff who need to update their knowledge. The main objective of the course is to offer the care staff basic set of knowledge required to work and function well in the care sector. It provides underpinning knowledge that can be built upon in the course of their career.
To successfully complete the course, learner must complete 15 different standards as follows:
The 15 Care Certificate Standards
1. Understand Your Role
2. Your Personal Development
3. Duty of Care
4. Equality and Diversity
5. Work in a Person Centred Way
7. Privacy and Dignity
8. Fluids and Nutrition
9. Awareness of mental health, dementia and learning disabilities
10. Safeguarding Adults
11. Safeguarding Children
12. Basic Life Support
13. Health and Safety
14. Handling Information
15. Infection Prevention and Control
This course can be delivered in classroom inside our training suite in Chatham, Kent or at your premises.
This course can also be delivered through online training delivery from the comfort of your home or office.
So How Does The Care Certificate Work?
There’s two parts to the Care Certificate
- Workshop Training – Online or classroom. This is carried out by us through online, classroom training in our office in Chatham or at your premises. After this training, you will complete a written exam. After the training, you will get a certificate to confirm that you have successfully completed all knowledge criteria for the 15 standards.
- Your manager/supervisor who must have observed you while working will now write a witness testimony to confirm your competence at work. This will be written up by manager or supervisor at care home and confirm you have met all the competence criteria.
Classroom: 3 days of 4 hours per day (10am to 2pm)
Online: flexible, depending on the number of time learner commits to study.
Online training – £18 per person if booked minimum of 5 persons at a time. £35 per person for a single booking of one learner at a time.
Classroom training in our venue: £95 per learner or £45 per day per learner.
Classroom training at your venue: £755 for the entire three days. Maximum of 20 learners at a time (as little as £38 per person for the entire 3 days!)
How often is the course taking place?
Classroom Courses are held monthly at our training suite in Chatham over three days (5 hours per day)
Courses can be held in your premises at any time, on demand.
Online learning can be done at anytime.
Course provider details
- Care Training Academy
- Member Since: 06/01/2016
Other courses from Care Training Academy
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Health and Social Care
- Health and Safety
- First Aid At Work
- Moving and Handling People (Theory & Practicals) Course
- Communication in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings