- Based in Bude, Cornwall
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 0845 230 6880.
Training Course Details
- Delivery Method: Online/Distance Learning
- Suitable for: Individual
The care of older people is a complex and skilled branch of health care. To be effective, carers need to be knowledgeable, flexible and positive in their interventions. This course’s objectives are based on the idea that care of older people needs to be holistic. This means that in order to be effective a carer must consider the client from biological, psychological and sociological viewpoints.
About Caring for Older People
It is essential to underpin this holistic assessment with an insight into the relationships between the client’s individual needs and the attitudes and resources that currently exist in the UK. During this Caring for Older People course you will find activities which help you to explore both the situation experienced by the older person and your own beliefs and value systems.
- The impact of demographic trends in caring for older people
- The Social Context of Care for Older People
- Provision of Care Within a Mixed Economy
- Helping older people achieve independence
- The Physiology of Ageing
- Promoting Health in Older People
- Holistic Care for Older People