- Based in Bude, Cornwall
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 0845 230 6880.
Training Course Details
- Delivery Method: Online/Distance Learning
- Suitable for: Individual
Thanks to advances in medical technology, we are living in an era when more people with learning disabilities can now live functional lives. As more of the learning disabled are at home rather than in hospital situations or institutions, it has become necessary for a wider base of the population to be educated in assisting to care for them.
About Caring for People with Learning Disabilities
In this Caring for People with Learning Disabilities course our tutors will guide you through the social dimensions of learning disabilities, while examining methods of teaching, caring for and managing people with learning difficulties. The support needed to provide people with a better life from the first stage of disability until they gain some independence in daily activities, despite their disabled condition, can be expected to be in even greater demand in the future.
- The Social Dimension of learning Disability
- The History and Development of Services for People with a Learning Disability
- Teaching Skills
- Management of Challenging Behaviour
Course provider details
- Stonebridge College
- Member Since: 30/01/2015
Other courses from Stonebridge College
- Caring At Home
- Accountable Social Care
- Poverty, Social Exclusion and Social Care
- Social Care With and Within Groups
- Introduction to Research Awareness in Social Care