- Based in Newcastle under Lyme
North East,North West,Yorkshire and the Humber,East Midlands,West Midlands,East of England,London,South East,South West,Wales,Scotland,National
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 01782 563333.
Training Course Details
- Delivery Method: In-house/Workplace
- Suitable for: Group
With the catheter care training course the aims are to familiarise students with the methods and reason of catheterisation, covering both male and female anatomy. This is a vital course for any staff who come into contact with service users who utilise a catheter. Our catheter care training will ensure staff have sufficient knowledge to work safely around the service users and raise awareness.
Please note: (awareness will be a half day, with a practical will be a full day). Competency must be achieved within the workplace within 6 months of attending the course. This catheter care training course can cover the awareness elements only or can include a practical session as well, please state in the enquiry form which is required.
Catheter Care Course will cover:
- Definitions & methods of catheterisation
- Differences between supra-pubic & urethra catheters
- Advantages/disadvantages of urinary catheters
- Reasons for catheterisation
- Male/female anatomy
- Male catheterisation procedure (theory & practical session)
- Female catheterisation procedure (theory & practical session)
- Post procedure catheter positioning
- Post procedure check list
- Record keeping
On completion delegates will be able to demonstrate a very improved awareness of catheteristion, the needs, causes and requirements. If practical session is undertaken delegates will also be able to demonstrate confidence in changing and handling a catheter on both male and female subjects. Although competency will be monitored continually assessed through the course by the instructor it must be demonstrated within 6 months in the workplace – Please let us know if you need any assistance on this matter.
Course provider details
- Caring For Care
- Member Since: 22/05/2015
Other courses from Caring For Care
- Safer People Handling Training 1 Day
- PEG Feed Training
- Emergency First Aid at Work Training Level 2 Award
- First Aid at Work Training – Level 3 Award
- Basic Life Support