- Based in Sawbridgeworth
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 01279 725361.
Training Course Details
- Course Length: 3 hours
- Delivery Method: In-house/Workplace
- Suitable for: Group
This Cerebral Palsy Training course provides the learner with information and basic knowledge about Cerebral Palsy, how it affects the service user, secondary conditions and impairments that they may experience, effective support, person-centred planning and care and effective communication.
At the end of the lesson delegate will be able to understand:
- What Cerebral Palsy is and the different types
- What causes the condition and when it occurs
- Secondary conditions and impairments
- Disability, models of disability and legislation
- The benefits of an early diagnosis
- Person-centred planning and care delivery
- Effective Communication and empowerment and inclusion
During this course each delegate will be taken through all the information and be asked to participate in activities to test understanding and help improve knowledge. There is also a quiz to complete.
This course is suitable to all delegates.
Who should attend this training?
Any direct care staff, support workers, team leaders or managers who provide services for those affected by cerebral palsy and need to gain a basic introduction to the subject.