- Based in Weston-Super-Mare
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 01934 427400.
Training Course Details
- Course Length: 7 x 2 1/2 hour sessions over 6 months
- Delivery Method: Classroom-based/Venue
- Suitable for: Individual
- Awarding Body: City & Guilds
This Certificate in Dementia Care Level 2 qualification is City & Guilds Accredited which sits in the Qualification Credit Framework (QCF).
The course comprises of 5 mandatory units, plus optional units to make a total amount of 18 credits which are assessed via observation, written evidence and verbally if required.
This course would be suitable for a member of staff who has gained an NVQ/Diploma Level 2 and wishes to further their knowledge by adding this Certificate to their qualifications.
By the end of this course participants will have an:
- Increased awareness of Dementia
- How to apply person centred care and support of individuals with Dementia
- Identify the factors that can influence communication and interaction with individuals who have Dementia
- Explain the importance of equality, diversity and inclusion in Dementia care
- Identify the approaches to enable rights and choices for individuals with Dementia whilst minimising risks
Course provider details
- North Somerset Council
- Member Since: 12/11/2014
Other courses from North Somerset Council
- Mental Capacity Act in Practice
- Mental Capacity Act Awareness: Making Everyday Decisions
- Mental Capacity Act and DoLS Safeguards in Practice
- Managing aggressive and challenging behaviour towards health and social care staff
- Prevention and Management of Skin Breakdown (Pressure Ulcers)