- Based in Weston-Super-Mare
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 01934 427400.
Training Course Details
- Course Length: 7 x 2 1/2 hour sessions over 6 months
- Delivery Method: Classroom-based/Venue
- Suitable for: Individual
- Awarding Body: City & Guilds
This Certificate in Dementia Care Level 3 qualification is a City & Guilds Accredited which sits in the Qualification Credit Framework (QCF).
The course comprises of 4 mandatory units, plus optional units to make a total amount of 21 credits which are assessed via observation, written evidence and verbally if required.
This course would be suitable for a member of staff who has gained an NVQ/Diploma Level 3 and has experience of working in a Dementia setting and wishes to further their knowledge by adding this Certificate to their qualifications.
By the end of this course participants will be able to:
- Explain the process and experience of Dementia
- Identify the rights and choices of individuals with Dementia whilst minimizing risks
- Explain the role of communication and interactions with individuals who have Dementia
- Explain the need for diversity and inclusion of individuals with Dementia