- Based in London
North East,North West,Yorkshire and the Humber,East Midlands,West Midlands,East of England,London,South East,South West,Wales,Scotland,National
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 0844 870 4237.
Training Course Details
- Course Length: 6 hours
- Delivery Method: In-house/Workplace
- Suitable for: Group
Our Cervical Screening and Cytology Sampler Update course is designed to update delegate’s knowledge and skill to meet the current NHS Cervical Screening Programme National guidelines (NHSCSP):
- Professional accountability
- NHSCSP guideline
- Assessment of and communication with patients
- Obtaining informed consent
- Policies & Procedures
- Update on Call / Recall System
- Exclusion Criteria
- Transformation Zone sampling
- High risk HPV triage
- Cervical Intraepithelial Neoplasia (CIN)
- Taking the Sample – a review of correct procedures including considerations with regards to Women who have sex with Women (WSW) and Female Genital Mutilation (FGM) obligations
- Understanding & explaining the Results
- 14 day turnaround
- When to refer to Colposcopy
- Auditing results
- Documentation and record keeping
- Personal and professional development
On completion delegates will demonstrate a much improved awareness of the National Cervical Screening Programme. The workshop will ensure that on completion, the Health Care Professional maintains their competence in taking cervical samples for the purpose of the NHS Cervical Screening Programme (NHSCSP).
This course lasts approximately 6 hours.
About the tutor:
Our Cervical Screening and Cytology Sampler training courses are delivered by subject matter experts within the field, this include Registered Nurses. Our tutors are not only experienced within their clinical specialism but also adult education and teaching principles, meaning that their sessions are enjoyable, fun and informative.
About the attending delegates:
Our Cervical Screening and Cytology Sampler training course is suitable for a wide range of individuals including:
- Registered Nurses and Allied Health Care Professionals
About the assessment and course achievement:
Our Cervical Screening and Cytology Sampler training course is able to provide evidence of achievement and competence. All attending delegates will have to successfully complete a knowledge and practical assessment before being awarded our certification valid for 1 years.