- Based in Chelmsford
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 01245 357132.
Training Course Details
- Course Length: 9 hours combined study
- Delivery Method: Online/Distance Learning
- Suitable for: Individual
Over a thousand experienced activity co-ordinators just like you use this safe and effective exercise system everyday. This unique system is so easy to learn you can join them in only a day. You’ll have the confidence of understanding a range of tried and tested safe to use exercises created with older people in care in mind.
The Chair Based Exercise Training Course is delivered using a mix of directed home study supported with face to face tuition with the instructor via SKYPE.
The aim of the course is equip students basic skills needed to run gentle seated exercise sessions in care settings.
By the end of the course students will be able to:
1. Conduct easy effective risk assessments needed for their care environment
2. Explain how age affects our ability to take part in physical activity
3. Create a simple and fun to teach unique seated exercise session
4. Offer safe and effective coaching
5. Adapt your program to the medical needs of older people
6. Identify who you shouldn’t be exercising
Online Home Study Packs
You can also join the others already successfully using this unique exercise system everyday by accessing our easy to use home study package from £170+P&P.
Half day online 1 to 1 training session with system manual: £170+P&P
Half day online 1 to 1 training session with system manual plus DVD for £179.99 +P&P
Half day online 1 to 1 training session with system manual + DVD + twelve months on line support free for £179.99 +P&P
Course provider details
- The Health Care Training Company
- Member Since: 14/08/2015
Other courses from The Health Care Training Company
- Filling Beds (Practical marketing and sales for care home managers)
- Lone Working Course
- Person Centred Activities and Dementia
- Memory Training: Reducing the Effect of Dementia & Mild Cognitive Loss
- Promoting physical activity & mobility in older people