- Based in
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 01273 499109.
Training Course Details
- Course Length: CPD hours: 3 hours
- Delivery Method: Online/Distance Learning
- Suitable for: Individual
The Child Sexual Exploitation Level 1 e-learning course has been designed to help anyone who works with children and young people safeguard them from Child Sexual Exploitation (CSE). In this course you will learn what CSE is and learn about CSE from the perspective of the offenders and the victims. You will also learn about key role mobile and internet technology plays in CSE and about the differences between gang and group CSE.
The Child Sexual Exploitation Level 1 e-learning course is aimed at anyone who works with or has contact with children.
About this course
This course will heighten your awareness and increase your understanding of child sexual exploitation (CSE).
The course is split into six modules:
• What is Child Sexual Exploitation?
• Child Sexual Exploitation and Offender Behaviour
• The Victims of Child Sexual Exploitation
• The Warning Signs of Child Sexual Exploitation
• Child Sexual Exploitation and the Role of the Internet
• Child Sexual Exploitation in Gangs and Groups
Upon successful completion of this course you will be automatically awarded a certificate containing the course name, completion date, CPD hours and learning objectives.
The course contains additional resource materials, useful links and a refresher guide.
In this course you will:
• Learn the definition of CSE
• Learn about the current attitudes to CSE
• Know the types of offender
• Learn about the different models of abuse
• Learn how big the problem is
• Know who the offenders are
• Know typical offender behaviours
• Know the grooming process
• Know clues to inappropriate intentions
• Understand the offender’s motives
• Know who the victims are and who is vulnerable
• Learn about under-represented groups
• Learn what marks the victims out
• Know common misconceptions
• Learn about consent and criminalisation
• Learn why it is difficult to disclose
• Understand the impact of CSE on the child
• Know and recognise the indicators of CSE
• Know who is at risk
• Know what children do online
• Know what can grooming involve and lead to
• Learn about risky behaviours
• Understand what children think
• Learn some key internet acronyms
• Know what the warning signs are
• Know what constitutes a gang or group
• Learn about the key differences between multiple and single perpetrator CSE
• Understand the differences between gang and group CSE
• Know why children are slipping through the net
• Know the OCC framework to prevent and deal with CSE
• Learn about the good practice guidelines for professionals