- Based in Bristol
East Midlands,West Midlands,South West,Wales
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 0117 3308119.
Training Course Details
- Course Length: Two Hours
- Delivery Method: In-house/Workplace
- Suitable for: Group
This workshop is run by a practicing registered Speech and Language Therapist.
This training will look at the following swallowing disorder issues:
- What exactly happens when we eat and drink?
- Preparation Chewing The stages of the swallow
- What happens when things go wrong?
- What can cause choking or other swallowing problems?
- The social aspects of eating and drinking?
- How can you help those who have eating and drinking difficulties?
- What should you be looking out for?
- When should you refer to a Speech and Language Therapist?
- What are the things you can do to help?
- What is it like to be fed! Ethical issues: Living wills – Quality of life – Non-oral feeding
Course provider details
- Good Communication Group
- Member Since: 09/07/2014
Other courses from Good Communication Group
- A Problem Solving Approach to Communication with Elderly Residents
- Communication Issues in End of Life Care
- A Speech and Language Therapist’s Guide to Better Communication in Dementia Care
- A Guide to Caring for People who have Parkinson’s disease
- A Guide to Caring for People who have had a Stroke or a T.I.A.