- Based in Weston super Mare
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 07814 025213.
Training Course Details
- Course Length: 1 Day
- Delivery Method: In-house/Workplace, Classroom-based/Venue
- Suitable for: Group
- Awarding Body: CIEH
This CIEH Level 2 Emergency First Aid at Work qualification, based on a one-day training programme, will enable successful candidates to act as emergency first aiders in their workplaces.
Who needs this qualification?
Anyone identified by their employer as being suitable to take on the role of an emergency first aider in their workplace.
Why is this training important?
The Health and Safety (First-Aid) Regulations 1981 place a general duty on employers to provide first-aid treatment to employees within the workplace environment. The employer has overall responsibility for the risk assessment (assessment of first-aid need) that will establish the level of first-aid cover required. If, having assessed first-aid needs, an employer decides to appoint first aiders, the first aiders must have a valid certificate of competence.
Successful candidates will be able to:
- understand the roles and responsibilities of a first aider
- assess an incident
- manage an unresponsive casualty who is breathing normally
- manage an unresponsive casualty who is not breathing normally
- recognise and assist a casualty who is choking
- manage a casualty with external bleeding
- manage a casualty who is in shock
- manage a casualty with a minor injury
This CIEH Level 2 Emergency First Aid at Work can be run in either their own workplace or at various venues throughout North Somerset, Bristol or South Gloucestershire areas.
Course provider details
- Bespoke Consultancy & Education Ltd
- Member Since: 11/08/2015
Other courses from Bespoke Consultancy & Education Ltd
- Level 3 Diploma in Health & Social Care
- Supervision & Appraisals
- Level 2 Diploma in Health & Social Care
- Medication Awareness
- Level 2 Emergency First Aid at Work