- Based in London
North East,North West,Yorkshire and the Humber,East Midlands,West Midlands,East of England,London,South East,South West,Wales,Scotland,National
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 0844 870 4237.
Training Course Details
- Course Length: 3 hours
- Delivery Method: In-house/Workplace
- Suitable for: Group
This Clinical Observation training course focuses on observations at a clinical level for both conscious and unconscious service users ranging from casual observations to more intensive supervisory roles:
- Observations including pulse, blood pressure (manual and automated), respiration rate, oxygen saturation etc.
- Neurological observations
- Aseptic technique and hand washing
- Urinalysis and how to obtain samples – catheter, continent and incontinent person
- Axillary, oral, tympanic temperature
- Blood sugar monitoring
- Record keeping, consent and confidentiality will also be discussed.
- Enable you to understand the reasons why patient clinical observations are taken
- Recognise the limitations of their individual roles and responsibilities as part of taking, recording and reporting clinical observations
- Identify the equipment required to record clinical observations and be able to correctly use equipment in practice e.g. vital signs and specimens
- Understand why clinical observations should be accurately recorded
- Identify the normal and abnormal parameters for routine patient observations
- Knowing when and how to escalate concerns regarding out of range patient observations
- Responsibilities regarding the management of a deteriorating patient
- Physical and Physiological observations
This course lasts approximately 3 hours.
About the tutor:
Our Clinical Observation training courses are delivered by subject matter experts within the field, this include Registered Nurses and Paramedics. Our tutors are not only experienced within their clinical specialism but also adult education and teaching principles, meaning that their sessions are enjoyable, fun and informative.
About the attending delegates:
Our Clinical Observation training course is suitable for a wide range of individuals including:
- Health Care Support Workers
- Registered Nurses and Allied Health Care Professionals
About the assessment and course achievement:
Our Clinical Observation training course is able to provide evidence of achievement and competence. All attending delegates will have to successfully complete a knowledge and practical assessment before being awarded our certification valid for 3 years.
Course provider details
- Guardian Angels
- Member Since: 07/11/2016
Other courses from Guardian Angels
- Blood and Body Fluid Spillages
- Cervical Screening/Cytology Sample Taker Refresher
- Epilepsy and Seizure Management
- Enteral Care and Feeding (Nasogastric and/or PEG/J tube)
- Medical Emergencies