- Based in Chelmsford
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 01245 357132.
Training Course Details
- Course Length: 1 Day
- Delivery Method: In-house/Workplace
- Suitable for: Group
I remember my first supervision role. No one offered any support or useful words of advice. I was a little embarrassed. I didn’t know what to do or how to get others to work. The organisation, staff, residents and I all lost out.
In that light this course is a little different than most. Its a blend of practical exercises, with a little theory hidden away within them, bought out later in group discussion. Sorry no PowerPoint!
The aim of this course is to offer team leaders the chance to access and practice the practical skills needed to manage and lead a team of people successfully in a safe environment.
By the end of the day those who will be able to identify:
1. The many hats of a team leader (Skills and abilities)
2. How to manage and lead others
3. Motivating performers and under performers
4. What work based communication is and how to use it to manage and lead teams
5. Practical techniques to deal with difficult working relationships
6. Day to day problem solving and critical reflection
Those attend will be asked to complete few tasks before they arrive at the training day. These are created to increase impact of the day.
Course provider details
- The Health Care Training Company
- Member Since: 14/08/2015
Other courses from The Health Care Training Company
- Lone Working Course
- The activity therapist’s intensive training bundle-live
- Chair Based Exercise Training Course
- The Aging Experience
- Reminiscence therapy and dementia