- Based in Bristol
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 01454 868963.
Training Course Details
- Course Length: One day (9.30-16.30)
- Delivery Method: Classroom-based/Venue
- Suitable for: Individual
This Communication in Dementia Care workshop is one in a series that provides an in-depth understanding of the needs of people living with dementia.
By the end of the day participants will:
- Have an understanding that dementia can affect specific parts of the brain that help people make sense of the world and the words and actions of those around them.
- Demonstrate some knowledge of potential solutions to these dilemmas.
- Be able to consider the importance of self-awareness, in order to deliver unambiguous non-verbal messages to people with dementia in a non-threatening manner.
- Be able to demonstrate some awareness of what it might feel like to communicate with others when you do not have the words and are under pressure to make yourself understood.
- Be able to understand the core elements of Reality Orientation, Reminiscence Therapy and Validation Therapy and recognise the value of these in developing a repertoire of communication strategies.
Before attending any of these workshops participants should attend the 1 day Dementia Awareness workshop.
This course is aimed at managers and staff from Health and Social Care in the Statutory, Voluntary and Independent sector working with people experiencing Dementia and is facilitated by Tracy Packer.
Course provider details
- South Gloucestershire Council
- Member Since: 06/05/2014
Other courses from South Gloucestershire Council
- Epilepsy Awareness Training
- Activites and Reminiscence Workshop
- Introduction to Signalong
- Mental Health First Aid
- Introduction To Contracts