- Based in Tilbury
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 01375 856953.
Training Course Details
- Course Length: Depends on your ability and time
- Delivery Method: Online/Distance Learning
- Suitable for: Individual, Group
CONTROL AND ADMINISTRATION OF MEDICINES (LEVEL 3)
This medication online course provides all the knowledge requirements for the safe control, handling and administration of medicines in social and domiciliary care environments. This course is designed for managers or senior care workers to enable them to supervise or undertake the administration of medicines in their particular care setting and in accordance with current legal requirements. This medication online course meets the requirements for and covers in its entirety the Learning Outcomes for the “Knowledge Set for Medication” as defined by Skills for Care and Development in 2005: Following successful completion, individuals must be observed by a designated person to competently administer a range of medicines. We can provide registered students with a downloadable proforma for this purpose. Following successful completion of the theoretical and practical components, a manager may recognise an individual as a person designated for the administration of medicines.
• Describe the key legislation and guidance relating to the safe handling of medicines
• Identify how organisational policies and procedures ensure the safe handling of medicines
• For a range of care settings and both medical and non-medical care staff, outline the process for the prescribing, dispensing, obtaining and checking of medicines
• Outline the range of support and guidance available relating to medicines and explain the importance of confidentiality relating to disclosure about individuals medication
• Identify the types, purpose and classification of medicines commonly administered
• Explain the routes by which medicines may be administered, the related rules for administration and level of competence required
• Outline the importance of checking for, recognising and reporting effects that can occur as a result of an adverse reaction, a contraindication or an interaction between medicines
• Explain the need to gain consent and undertake risk assessment prior to the self or secondary administration of medicines
• Describe the importance of the preparation for and administration of medicines to ensure accuracy
• Identify the importance of accurate recording for the administration and refusal of medicines and administration errors
• Recognise the requirements to validate the accuracy of safe storage and recording for medicines and for their safe disposal
Depends on your ability
Assessment online – multiple choice questions designed to test learners’ understanding of the course.
CPD accredited, an independent body operating across all market sectors and in support of all professional institutions, bodies and societies. Its certified CPD ‘quality mark’ is a recognised symbol of quality-assured training.
The content of this course has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines
How to purchase this course is via our website:www.ditaconsulting.co.uk, E-learning, shop and then locate the course and follow the procedures and make payment online also. Once you have paid, an e-mail will be send to you with login details.
To set up an account for your company/organisation, we need the following information:
- Name of the person, who will manage the account
- Telephone number
- E-mail address
All Payment online & Secured.
Once you have successful completed the course you will receive digital copy of your certificate which you must print yourself.
Course provider details
- Dita Consulting
- Member Since: 18/05/2016
Other courses from Dita Consulting
- Food Safety Level 2 e-learning – CPD Accredited
- Fire Safety e-learning – CPD Accredited
- Autism Awareness e-Learning – CPD Accredited
- Communication Course e-learning – CPD Accredited
- Care Certificate Standards e-learning Course – CPD Accredited