- Based in Northamptonshire
North East,North West,Yorkshire and the Humber,East Midlands,West Midlands,East of England,London,South East,South West,Wales,Scotland,National
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 0800 012 6085.
Training Course Details
- Course Length: Full Day
- Delivery Method: In-house/Workplace
- Suitable for: Individual, Group
What’s covered during the day?
People living with dementia are often also living without any real understanding of their condition from those who support and care for them. This leads to approaches that actually make their situation even more confusing. This workshop will explore the most common variants of dementia, along with commonly associated symptoms to help show the learner why a person might be behaving in a certain way. The workshop will also explore the mature of memory impairment and how it then affects a person’s behaviour. We will aim to build confidence by demonstrating a range of useful communication techniques to support a person in our care, as well as exploring how applying a person centred model will lead to a better, kinder way of caring.
- Describe some of the variants of dementia
- Understand the nature of memory impairment and how it affects behaviour
- Demonstrate engaging communication techniques
- Explore person centred theory that supports good dementia care
- Apply a person centred dementia environment
Delegates will be assessed continuously throughout the session by the Tutor in order to be issued with a Certificate of Attendance.