- Based in Leeds
North East,North West,Yorkshire and the Humber,East Midlands
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 0330 6600 622.
Training Course Details
- Course Length: 1 Day
- Delivery Method: In-house/Workplace, Classroom-based/Venue
- Suitable for: Individual, Group
- Awarding Body: N/a
- Venue Option 1 - Location: Leeds
- Venue Option 1 - Dates: Various contact us for details
- Venue Option 2 - Location: Sheffield
- Venue Option 2 - Dates: Various contact us for details
- Venue Option 3 - Location: Manchester
- Venue Option 3 - Dates: Various contact us for details
- Venue Option 4 - Location: Your Location for groups 8+
- Venue Option 4 - Dates: Various contact us for details
This course is aimed at individuals and carers who are required to offer effective support to sufferers of dementia in a sensitive and understanding manner.
This course aims to give you an awareness of what dementia is and how to identify it whilst also describing best practice on how to care for someone with the condition.
On Completion of this module you will be able to:
- Define the term ‘dementia’.
- Discuss the prevalence of dementia in the UK population.
- Identify signs of dementia and also explain how these signs may be associated with other conditions or circumstances.
- List the actions that individuals can take to reduce the risk of dementia, or to delay onset.
- Explain why early diagnosis of dementia is important.
- List the actions that people affected by dementia can take in order to live as well as possible after diagnosis.
- Explain the importance of recognising a person with dementia as a unique individual.
- Describe the impact of dementia on individuals, families and society.
- Describe ways of communicating effectively and compassionately with individuals who have dementia.
- List the reasons why a person with dementia may exhibit signs of distress and explain how behaviors seen in people with dementia may be a means of communicating unmet needs.
- Signpost individuals, families and carers to dementia advice, support and information.
Course provider details
- LCF Training
- Member Since: 06/05/2016
Other courses from LCF Training
- The Care Certificate (3 Days)
- Mandatory Refresher Training
- Safer People Handling ( 1 Day)
- 1 Day Accredited Emergency First Aid at Work
- Dementia with Behaviours that Challenge