- Based in
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 01634540669.
Training Course Details
- Course Length: 3 hours
- Delivery Method: Online/Distance Learning, In-house/Workplace, Classroom-based/Venue
- Suitable for: Individual, Group
- Venue Option 1 - Location: Care Training Academy,Suite 15, Hopewell Business Centre, Hopewell Drive, Chatham, Kent, ME5 7DX. United Kingdom.
- Venue Option 1 - Dates: 3rd Tuesday of every Month
- Venue Option 2 - Location: Online at http://www.caretrainingacademy.co.uk
- Venue Option 2 - Dates: Anytime - £4.95 per learner
This is an introductory course to dementia. The aim of the course is to enable learners to gain basic knowledge dementia. The course teaches the meaning and definition of dementia, including the different forms and causes of dementia. The dementia awareness course also teaches the risk factors to dementia and how others can have an impact on the individual with dementia.
By the end of the course, you will:
- Understand meaning of dementia
- Understand types of dementia
- List the different symptoms of dementia
- Understand theoretical models of dementia
- Be able to understand the different diseases that cause dementia.
- Understand ways that you can respond to someone with dementia and how you can implement that in your care.
Module 1: Definitions and Meaning of Dementia
Module 2: Signs and symptom mistaken for dementia
Module 3: Types and Causes of dementia
Module 4: Risk factors to Dementia
Module 5: Person centred approach to caring for some
Course provider details
- Care Training Academy
- Member Since: 06/01/2016
Other courses from Care Training Academy
- Safeguarding Adults, Children and Young People Course
- Moving and Handling People (Theory & Practicals) Course
- Infection Prevention and Control Course
- BTEC Level 3 Award in Education and Training
- Health and Safety