- Based in Bristol
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 01454 868963.
Training Course Details
- Course Length: One day (9.30-16.30)
- Delivery Method: Classroom-based/Venue
- Suitable for: Individual
This Dementia Awareness course is a one day workshop aims to raise awareness and knowledge of the causes and impact of dementia on individuals, and to highlight ways in which staff can work positively and effectively with older people who have dementia.
The course covers:
- The causes of Dementia.
- The effects of Dementia on the individual.
- The importance of eliminating other causes on change in the mental health of older people.
- Explore management strategies to support service users.
- Prepare an action plan to take back into the workplace.
This training is relevant for managers and staff from all services – Statutory, Voluntary and Independent sector working with older people.
The style of delivery is interactive, aimed at involving participants in their learning and it is facilitated by Denise Northover-Hope.
Course provider details
- South Gloucestershire Council
- Member Since: 06/05/2014
Other courses from South Gloucestershire Council
- Communication in Dementia Care
- Mental Capacity Act Training Programme
- Safeguarding Adults Alerter (Support Staff)
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training
- Signalong Foundation Course