- Based in Northamptonshire
North East,North West,Yorkshire and the Humber,East Midlands,West Midlands,East of England,London,South East,South West,Wales,Scotland,National
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 0800 012 6085.
Training Course Details
- Course Length: Half Day
- Delivery Method: In-house/Workplace
- Suitable for: Individual, Group
What’s covered during the day?
People living with dementia are often also living without any real understanding of their condition from those who support and care for them. This half day course has been designed to help Delegates understand what Dementia is, how it impacts somebody’s ability to function and the difficulties a client may face. It explores how legislation impacts on how we deliver care and how we can be involved in helping a client live their life to the fullest, despite a diagnosis of Dementia.
- To gain an understanding of the function of the brain
- To be able to recognise the common signs and symptoms of Dementia
- To be able to identify common types of Dementia
- To be aware of the legislation surrounding caring for someone with Dementia
- To explore how we can support someone with Dementia
Delegates will be assessed continuously throughout the session by the Tutor in order to be issued with a Certificate of Attendance. Delegates are expected to participate fully in their learning experience.
Course provider details
- Ashfield Consultancy Ltd
- Member Since: 16/05/2016
Other courses from Ashfield Consultancy Ltd
- Dignity in Care
- End of Life – People with Dementia
- Venepuncture 1 Day Course with Simulated Competency
- Moving & Handling of People
- Diabetes – Blood Glucose Monitoring