- Based in Leeds
North East,North West,Yorkshire and the Humber,East Midlands
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 0330 6600 622.
Training Course Details
- Course Length: 3 hours
- Delivery Method: In-house/Workplace, Classroom-based/Venue
- Suitable for: Group
- Awarding Body: Local Care Force Training
- Venue Option 1 - Location: Leeds
- Venue Option 1 - Dates: Various dates - contact us for details
- Venue Option 2 - Location: Sheffield
- Venue Option 2 - Dates: Various dates - contact us for details
- Venue Option 3 - Location: Manchester
- Venue Option 3 - Dates: Various dates - contact us for details
- Venue Option 4 - Location: York
- Venue Option 4 - Dates: Various dates - contact us for details
This is a half day course that looks briefly at dementia as a whole before delving in to the Behavioural and Psychological Symptoms of Dementia. Candidates will learn about the causes and functions of behaviour before going on to look at common types of behaviour that challenges, the possible causes and functions and strategies for supporting individuals.
On completion of the course candidates should feel more confident in supporting individuals with dementia and behaviours that challenge, being better placed to identify causes and functions of behaviour and identify effective support strategies.