- Based in Bristol
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 01454 868963.
Training Course Details
- Course Length: Half day (9.30-12.30)
- Delivery Method: Classroom-based/Venue
- Suitable for: Individual
This Depression and Older Adults half day workshop will help candidates gain core information and tools to enable them to understand the issues around depression among older adults, which they can draw upon in their day-to-day work.
It is aimed at managers and staff from a wide range of services working with older adults, especially Residential and Nursing Homes, and Home Care service providers. Bookings are welcomed from statutory, voluntary and private sector.
The course will enable participants to:
- Recognise common signs and symptoms of depression in older adults.
- Understand key aspects of anti-depressant treatments.
- Begin to distinguish clinical depression from “normal sadness”.
- Understand the appropriate referral process to use.
- Have a “checklist” to use when preparing to refer a service user to a GP.
This training session is run by Suzanne Pearson and will consist of a mixture of factual presentation, small group work and large group discussion within agreed ground rules of confidentiality and respecting each other’s points of view.
Course provider details
- South Gloucestershire Council
- Member Since: 06/05/2014
Other courses from South Gloucestershire Council
- Understanding Loss and End of Life Care
- Mental Health Awareness
- Manual Handling Risk Assessment
- Communication in Dementia Care
- Promoting Health and Wellbeing in Services for Older People