- Based in Ipswich
North East,North West,Yorkshire and the Humber,East Midlands,West Midlands,East of England,London,South East,South West,Wales,National
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 01473 381444.
Training Course Details
- Course Length: Half Day
- Delivery Method: In-house/Workplace, Classroom-based/Venue
- Suitable for: Individual, Group
- Awarding Body: CPD Accredited Certificate of Attendance and a learning tool.
- Venue Option 1 - Location: Hubbard Way, 2 Civic Drive, Ipswich, Suffolk, IP1 2QA
- Venue Option 1 - Dates: 10/01/2017 08/02/2017 27/03/2017
All nurses and support staff who support clients with Diabetes.
Following training, the learner should be able to:
- Understand what diabetes is and give the different types of diabetes.
- Understand the principles in managing the care of a person with diabetes
- Identify the symptoms and treat the patient accordingly
- Understand compliance and consequences of non-compliance.
- Introduction to Diabetes
- Diabetes and the different types
- Who is affected by diabetes
- Physiology of diabetes & subsequent symptoms
- Principles of care for the diabetic patient.
- Treatment in diabetes
- Compliance and consequences of non-compliance.
- Dealing with diabetic emergencies.
- Practical Session
Duration: Half Day (0930 – 1400Hrs)
Course Cost: £70
Course equivalent to 5 CPD Points/ Hours
Upon completion of this course, each candidate will receive a CPD Accredited Certificate of Attendance and a learning tool.
Course provider details
- Member Since: 27/07/2016
Other courses from Locums4care
- Venepuncture & Cannulation
- Stroke and caring for the patient after a stroke.
- 1 Day Mandatory & Statutory Training for Nurses
- Tracheostomy Care in the Community Training
- Medication Management Training