- Based in Northamptonshire
North East,North West,Yorkshire and the Humber,East Midlands,West Midlands,East of England,London,South East,South West,Wales,Scotland,National
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 0800 012 6085.
Training Course Details
- Course Length: Half Day
- Delivery Method: In-house/Workplace
- Suitable for: Individual, Group
What’s covered during the day?
This course will be delivered by one of our leading tutors who has many years of experience within the field. This is what every delegate who is looking after a person with Diabetes needs in order to be able to monitor blood sugar levels, help regulate their disease and administer medication in support of their health and wellbeing.
- To understand what Diabetes is
- To know the role of Blood Glucose Monitoring
- To understand the difference between normal and excessive blood glucose levels
- How to test blood glucose levels
- To be aware of equipment available for this purpose
- To be able to manage the irregularities that may be seen with Blood Glucose Monitoring
The day will run with both Formative and Summative assessments taking place and a practical element that covers the use of equipment provided by the Care Environment. This will be for training purposes and to ensure that training is applicable to the equipment that is actually used and to ensure competency of Delegates attending. Certificates of Attendance will be issued.
Course provider details
- Ashfield Consultancy Ltd
- Member Since: 16/05/2016
Other courses from Ashfield Consultancy Ltd
- Wound Management – Tissue Viability
- Verification of Expected Death
- Diabetic Foot Ulcers
- End of Life – People with Dementia
- Care Planning & Record Keeping