- Based in Northamptonshire
North East,North West,Yorkshire and the Humber,East Midlands,West Midlands,East of England,London,South East,South West,Wales,Scotland,National
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 0800 012 6085.
Training Course Details
- Course Length: Full Day
- Delivery Method: In-house/Workplace
- Suitable for: Individual, Group
What’s covered during the day?
This course is designed for Delegates who are involved in delivering care to people suffering with Diabetes. It will develop their knowledge and understanding of this illness which will help in their role as a Care Provider, knowing about the illness, how it presents, the complications arising and how they may support a person with Diabetes. This course will be delivered by one of our leading tutors who has many years of experience within the field.
- The different types of diabetes and how they are treated / managed
- Identifying warning signs and symptoms of hyper glycaemia
- How to monitor Bloody Glucose Levels
- How to manage hypo and hyperglycaemic attacks
- Preventative measures for Diabetes (Health Education)
- Understanding the associated complications linked to diabetes
- Explore the complications associated with Diabetes
- Recognise that people can live full and active lives with Diabetes
The day will run with both Formative and Summative assessments taking place and a practical element that covers the use of equipment provided by the Care Environment. This will be for training purposes and to ensure that training is applicable to the equipment that is actually used and to ensure competency of Delegates attending. Certificates of Attendance will be issued. Learning will be fun and interactive and delegates will be expected to participate in their learning experience.