- Based in Northamptonshire
North East,North West,Yorkshire and the Humber,East Midlands,West Midlands,East of England,London,South East,South West,Wales,Scotland,National
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 0800 012 6085.
Training Course Details
- Course Length: Full Day
- Delivery Method: In-house/Workplace
- Suitable for: Individual, Group
What’s covered during the day?
Diabetes mellitus is taking on pandemic proportions. Worldwide over 250 million people suffer from the disease and estimates for 2025 are predicted to be a total of 380 million people with diabetes. As a consequence, the impact of diabetic foot disease is also on the rise. Delegates attending this course will achieve a better awareness of the causes of diabetic foot problems and the measures that can be taken to reduce the risk of developing diabetic foot ulceration. They will revisit relevant anatomy and physiology and will examine the chronic condition of diabetes in order to appreciate the impact the disease can have on foot health. Delegates will look at a number of real-life case scenarios and will better understand the principles of management of the patient with the diabetic foot.
- develop their knowledge of all aspects of diabetes
- better understand the common causes of diabetic foot problems
- understand the implications of neuropathy, peripheral arterial disease (PAD) and infection
- recognise the clinical skills necessary in the assessment and examination of the diabetic foot
- identify people with diabetes who are at risk of developing foot pathologies secondary to the disease.
- describe the importance of off-loading and foot hygiene
- understand the principles of diabetic foot ulcer management and infection control
Delegates will be assessed continuously throughout the session by the Tutor in order to be issued with a Certificate of Attendance.