- Based in Northamptonshire
North East,North West,Yorkshire and the Humber,East Midlands,West Midlands,East of England,London,South East,South West,Wales,Scotland,National
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 0800 012 6085.
Training Course Details
- Course Length: Full Day
- Delivery Method: In-house/Workplace
- Suitable for: Individual, Group
What’s covered during the day?
Media sources have warned of a “life expectancy time-bomb” as life expectancy is rising faster than originally predicted. It is now being suggested that the age of 90 will become the norm in some affluent areas of the UK by 2030. Whilst Elderly people can contribute in many valuable and meaningful ways in society, such as helping with childcare or volunteering for charity work, they may also have vast and complex health needs that require significant resources to treat them. It is essential therefore to have an understanding of the natural Ageing Process and Diseases/Conditions that affect the Elderly so we can cope and deal with the demands placed upon us in our delivery of care and this session has been designed to facilitate this. It also looks at the types of support/treatment available during the ageing process and an opportunity to share your own personal experiences in a safe and supportive environment during the group work.
- Understand the physiological changes of aging
- Gain awareness of chronic diseases and their impact on older adults
- Understand the importance of health promotion activities
Delegates will be assessed continuously throughout the session by the Tutor in order to be issued with a Certificate of Attendance.
Course provider details
- Ashfield Consultancy Ltd
- Member Since: 16/05/2016
Other courses from Ashfield Consultancy Ltd
- Dementia – An Understanding
- Wound Management – Tissue Viability
- Behaviour that Challenges & Meaningful Occupations
- End of Life – People with Dementia
- Pain Management