- Based in
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 01273 499109.
Training Course Details
- Course Length: CPD hours: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Delivery Method: Online/Distance Learning
- Suitable for: Individual
Domestic abuse is a serious and widespread problem which affects nearly 10% of women and 5% of men every year. In this course you will learn who is at risk and how the law can help. You will also learn about domestic abuse from the perspective of both the victim and the perpetrator.
This Domestic Abuse e-learning course is intended for anyone who needs to learn about domestic abuse.
Note: This course can form part of an induction programme for new starters, it is also intended for all people who want to improve their knowledge and continue their professional development.
About this course
This Domestic Abuse e-learning course contains the following three modules:
• Domestic Abuse – The Problem and the Law
• Domestic Abuse – The Perpetrator
• Domestic Abuse – The Victim
Upon successful completion of all three modules you will be automatically awarded a certificate containing the course name, completion date, CPD hours and learning objectives.
The Domestic Abuse e-learning course contains additional resource materials, useful links and a refresher guide.
This Domestic Abuse e-learning course will enable you to:
• Know what domestic abuse or violence is
• Understand the nature of domestic abuse
• Know who is affected
• Learn how the law can help victims of abuse
• Know what the police can do
• Learn about the range of situations victims might experience
• Understand the effect the abuse can have
• Learn how victims think about their abuse and the abuser
• Know the effect it can have on the children living in abusive households
• Understand why victims sometimes don’t leave
• Know what victims need to feel so they can leave abusive relationships
• Learn how you should deal with victims of domestic abuse
• Know the risk assessment tools available to help you make decisions about managing risk and increasing safety
• Learn about the Multi-Agency Risk Assessment Conference
• Learn about the role of the Independent Domestic Violence Advisor
• Learn about what abuser’s think
• Learn how the abuser sees the world
• Learn who is responsible for abuse
• Know what treatment is available to abusers
• Learn how abuse can be prevented
Course provider details
- Me Learning
- Member Since: 10/09/2015
Other courses from Me Learning
- Substance Misuse e-learning
- Children’s Workforce Induction e-learning
- Child Sexual Exploitation Level 1 e-learning
- Safeguarding Children Level 1 e-learning
- Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DoLS) e-learning