- Based in Wolverhampton
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 01902 238228.
Training Course Details
- Course Length: Full day
- Delivery Method: Classroom-based/Venue
- Suitable for: Individual, Group
- Venue Option 1 - Location: Cardiff
- Venue Option 1 - Dates: Wednesday 17th May 2017
- Venue Option 2 - Location: Wolverhampton
- Venue Option 2 - Dates: Thursday 18th May 2017
A full-day course aimed at health care professionals who are required to administer medications to patients.
- General principles of drug administration
- Legal and professional issues
- Prescription basics
- Checking protocols and safe practice
- Correct settings of infusion pumps
- Aseptic non touch technique and infection prevention
- Handling and reconstitution of medications
- Safe administration of IV, oral, s/c, i/m and other parenteral medications
- Dealing with drug errors and how to reduce risk
- Practical assessment of administration
Your learning will be enhanced with a combination of practical workshops, theory and discovery tasks.
An ongoing CPD document will be provided to assist you in clinical practice.
Course provider details
- Diamond Resuscitation Services UK
- Member Since: 29/01/2015
Other courses from Diamond Resuscitation Services UK
- Venepuncture and Cannulation Course
- Basic Life Support (Including Anaphylaxis)
- Epilepsy, Buccal Midazolam and Rectal Diazepam Training
- Dental Basic Life Support and Emergencies
- Urethral Catheterisation