- Based in London
North East,North West,Yorkshire and the Humber,East Midlands,West Midlands,East of England,London,South East,South West,Wales,Scotland,National
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 0844 870 4237.
Training Course Details
- Course Length: 3 hours
- Delivery Method: In-house/Workplace
- Suitable for: Group
This dysphagia and safe swallowing training course aims to raise awareness and knowledge of dysphagia and common swallowing problems. The course will look at the common causes of swallowing difficulties and how to help reduce the risk of choking.
- Causes of dysphagia and common swallowing problems
- The anatomy of swallowing
- How to recognise when someone is having difficulty swallowing
- Reducing risk of choking
- Knowing when to escalate and refer to a specialist
- Privacy, dignity and respect
- Alternatives to oral feeding
On completion delegates will demonstrate a much improved awareness of the common causes of dysphagia. They will be able to identify when signs of people are having difficulties swallowing and the correct actions to take. They will understand their role and responsibilities when supporting clients suffering with dysphagia and swallowing difficulties. Staff understand when to escalate and refer to a specialist.
This course lasts approximately 3 hours.
About the tutor:
Our Dysphagia and Safe Swallowing training courses are delivered by subject matter experts within the field, this include Registered Nurses or Paramedic Tutors. Our tutors are not only experienced within their clinical specialism but also adult education and teaching principles, meaning that their sessions are enjoyable, fun and informative.
About the attending delegates:
Our Dysphagia and Safe Swallowing training course is suitable for a wide range of individuals including:
- First Aiders
- School / Nursery Staff
- Health and Social Care Workers
- Registered Nurses and Allied Health Care Professionals
About the assessment and course achievement:
Our Dysphagia and Safe Swallowing training course is able to provide evidence of achievement and competence. All attending delegates will have to successfully complete a knowledge and practical assessment before being awarded our certification valid for 2 years.
Course provider details
- Guardian Angels
- Member Since: 07/11/2016
Other courses from Guardian Angels
- Enteral Care and Feeding (Nasogastric and/or PEG/J tube)
- Allergies, Anaphylaxis and the Administration of an Auto-Injector of Adrenaline (Epipen, Jext, Emerade)
- Complex Care
- Immunisation and Vaccination (inc. Flu Vaccine)
- Administration of Rescue Medication (Buccal Midazolam)