- Based in Northamptonshire
North East,North West,Yorkshire and the Humber,East Midlands,West Midlands,East of England,London,South East,South West,Wales,Scotland,National
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 0800 012 6085.
Training Course Details
- Course Length: Half Day
- Delivery Method: In-house/Workplace
- Suitable for: Individual, Group
What’s covered during the day?
Ideal for staff working in care settings, this training teaches delegates about the causes of choking, the signs and symptoms, and active steps which they can take in order to prevent its occurrence. Delegates will also gain an understanding of different diet options, the foods which could pose a risk to patients, and the practical skills required to assist someone with their eating This course will be delivered by one of our leading tutors who has many years of experience within the field.
- Signs and symptoms of choking
- Signs and symptoms of aspiration
- Which foods put service users at risk?
- Assisting someone with their eating – what to do, and what not to do
- Managing an emergency
The day will run with both Formative and Summative assessments taking place. Learning will be fun and interactive and delegates will be expected to participate in their learning experience. Certificate of Attendance will be issued on completion.
Course provider details
- Ashfield Consultancy Ltd
- Member Since: 16/05/2016
Other courses from Ashfield Consultancy Ltd
- Diabetic Foot Ulcers
- Venepuncture 1 Day Course with Simulated Competency
- Dementia Awareness
- Food Hygiene Awareness
- Diabetes – Blood Glucose Monitoring