- Based in London
North East,North West,Yorkshire and the Humber,East Midlands,West Midlands,East of England,London,South East,South West,Wales,Scotland,National
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 0844 870 4237.
Training Course Details
- Course Length: 6 hours
- Delivery Method: In-house/Workplace
- Suitable for: Group
Our Ear Irrigation and Care training course is designed to provide safe and effective ear care, including irrigation. Delegates are required to receive supervision from an appropriate mentor to support their learning and practical application in the workplace.
- Anatomy and physiology
- How to examine the ear
- Common ear problems & foreign bodies
- Risk assessing
- Infection control
- Documentation and record keeping
- Ear irrigation (syringing)
- Practical session
- Understand the basic anatomy and physiology of the ear
- Understand ear care
- Understand the knowledge of otoscopy
- Understand the knowledge and practice of ear irrigation
- Understand the accountability, consent and documentation issues
- Understand the role of mentor
This course lasts approximately 6 hours.
About the tutor:
Our Ear Irrigation and Care training courses are delivered by subject matter experts within the field, this include Registered Nurses. Our tutors are not only experienced within their clinical specialism but also adult education and teaching principles, meaning that their sessions are enjoyable, fun and informative.
About the attending delegates:
Our Ear Irrigation and Care training course is suitable for a wide range of individuals including:
- Health Care Support Workers
- Registered Nurses and Allied Health Care Professionals
About the assessment and course achievement:
Our Ear Irrigation and Care training course is able to provide evidence of achievement and competence. All attending delegates will have to successfully complete a knowledge and practical assessment before being awarded our certification valid for 2 years.
Course provider details
- Guardian Angels
- Member Since: 07/11/2016
Other courses from Guardian Angels
- Medical Emergencies
- Allergies, Anaphylaxis and the Administration of an Auto-Injector of Adrenaline (Epipen, Jext, Emerade)
- Administration of Rescue Medication (Buccal Midazolam)
- Blood and Body Fluid Spillages
- Immunisation and Vaccination (inc. Flu Vaccine)