- Based in Hereford
West Midlands,South West,Wales
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 01432 383678.
Training Course Details
- Delivery Method: In-house/Workplace, Classroom-based/Venue
- Suitable for: Individual, Group
- Venue Option 1 - Location: Churchill House, Hereford HR1 1DE
- Venue Option 1 - Dates: 6 February 2017
- Venue Option 2 - Location: Churchill House, Hereford HR1 1DE
- Venue Option 2 - Dates: 6 March 2017
This Association of First Aiders, Level 2 accredited course is specifically for those new to first aid or without previous training.
It aims to provide participants with the skills to be a named first aider and meets the accredited revised first aid training requirements for first aiders in the workplace.
Who is it for?
Those new to first aid or without previous training who wish to qualify as a named first aider or who provide first aid provision as part of their role.
On completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Understand the role of the first aider
- Be able to assess the incident
- Understand the importance of basic hygiene in first aid procedures
- Assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency
- Administer first aid safely, promptly and effectively to a casualty who is unconscious and/or in seizure
- Administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation promptly and effectively
- Administer first aid safely, promptly and effectively to a casualty who is wounded or bleeding and/or in shock
- Administer first aid safely, promptly and effectively to a casualty who is choking
- Provide appropriate first aid for minor injuries including cuts, burns and scalds
This course may be delivered in-house if required.