- Based in Bristol
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 0117 958 2070 .
Training Course Details
- Course Length: 1 day (training contact time – 6 hours)
- Delivery Method: Classroom-based/Venue
- Suitable for: Individual
This Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW) course is particularly suitable for lower risk environments or where a course is needed to compliment other first aid provision. Regular attendees include those working in schools, offices and many small and medium sized businesses.
The course meets the requirement of the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981, where a person is required to become a qualified ‘First Aider’ (EFAW) in their workplace.
This course will cover:
- Understanding the role of the first aider
- Record keeping
- Personal hygiene and infection control
- The unconscious casualty
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Management of a choking casualty
- Bleeding and shock
- Providing appropriate first aid for minor injuries, Including small cuts, grazes and bruises, minor burns, scalds and small splinters.
Participants will develop the skills necessary to become a competent and confident First Aider in their work place and will be awarded an ‘Emergency First Aid at Work’ certificate, valid for 3 years.
There is no final practical assessment on this course. The participant’s competency is continually assessed by the facilitator over the course of the day.
Course provider details
- Acorn Health and Safety
- Member Since: 24/04/2014
Other courses from Acorn Health and Safety
- Suction Training
- Handling Children Training
- Basic Life Support and Automated External Defibrillators
- Working at Height Training
- Venepuncture and Cannulation Training