- Based in Taunton, Somerset
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 01823 462804.
Training Course Details
- Course Length: 3 Hours
- Delivery Method: In-house/Workplace, Classroom-based/Venue
- Suitable for: Individual, Group
The course is designed to explore some of the taboos surrounding dying. The content discusses communication and what to say in a difficult situation, thus enabling staff to feel more confident in caring for those who are terminally ill and it raises the awareness of the support networks that can be approached by the individuals, their families and staff. It goes into the five stages of grief, What does death mean to the carer, Methods of Communication, Terminology, How to Cope with Bereavement, Person Centred Care, Supervision and the Pressures to the Staff can Face.
Course provider details
- Step Ahead Training
- Member Since: 06/11/2014
Other courses from Step Ahead Training
- Awareness of Dementia Level 2 Award
- Level 2 Award in End of Life Care
- Food Hygiene for Care Staff
- Level 3 Award in End of Life Care.
- Mental Health, Demntia and Learning Disabilities Awareness